Just in time for Easter egg dying, here is my secret to dying great eggs!
1 carton of large/x-large eggs in white or brown
1tsp of white vinegar
pinch of salt
1. Place eggs in pot. Make sure the eggs are not "fresh". These don't do as well for Easter eggs. You want enough eggs in the pot so that they are not rolling around, as this can lead to cracking.
2. Add a pinch of salt and a tsp of vinegar to pot. (seals any cracks)
3. Cover the eggs with water from the tap.
4. Set the pot on the stove, on high, cover with lid.
5. When the eggs start to boil, turn the heat off, and let the eggs sit for 20 minutes, covered.
6. After 20 minutes, drain eggs and let cool!
5 years ago