- 5lb bag of potatoes
- 2 big spoons of sour cream
- 1.5 cups of milk
- Butter, salt, pepper to taste
2. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water
3. Bring potatoes to a boil, then reduce to simmer (about an 8 on dial stoves) for 20 minutes, covered.
4. Pour hot potatoes into a strainer, and then pour into a mixing bowl.
5. Lightly mash potatoes with a masher or fork. I personally, love my masher. You do not want to mash it too much, as lumpy potatoes are the best potatoes.
6. Add milk and sour cream to bowl. I use a large spoon to measure out the sour cream:
7. Use mixer for 30-45 seconds, until well blended, but still lumpy
7. Add your salt, pepper, and butter for taste.
We personally have to leave all of the salt pepper and butter out of the bowl and add it individually, as one kid hates pepper and the other hates butter, and I do not like salt. Isn't cooking for your family fun!
After it's ready, I transfer it to a nice bowl, and run my spoon across the top, giving it that smooth out "whipped" look.