Monday, July 5, 2010

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia

*Panko Bread Crumbs are Japanese style bread crumbs. Panko actually means bread crumbs (according to google!), so it's a bit redundant. If you do not have Panko, you can use regular, or make your own!


Ingredients:
4-6oz Tilapia fillets (7-8)
1/2 Alfredo Sauce
1tsp Oregano
1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (separated in 2 halves)
1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs*

1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees

2. Spray or oil a 9x12 clear dish

3. Rinse and dry fillets, place in greased dish
Parm Crusted Tilapia


5. Mix together Alfredo sauce, Oregano, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. You can make your own Alfredo sauce, or do what I did to save time, and use a pre-made.
Parm Crusted Tilapia
Parm Crusted Tilapia

6. Brush Alfredo mixture on Tilapia fillets, making a thick, even coat
Parm Crusted Tilapia

7. Mix together 1/2 cup Panko and 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
Parm Crusted Tilapia

8. Sprinkle on top of Alfredo sauce, covering the fillets
(please don't hate me, I forgot to photograph this step, but it's pretty self explanatory, right?)

9. Place in preheated oven for 16 minutes, or until Tilapia flakes easily
Parm Crusted Tilapia

10. Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!
Parm Crusted Tilapia

1 comment:

  1. The recipe says 1/2 alfredo. I was hoping it was 1/2 cup because I just had a little leftover from doing pasta but I'm guessing it was supposed to be 1/2 jar because it probably needed more. I've made something similar before but I like the addition of Panko!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails