Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hobo Veggie Soup

There is a story as to how I came up with this "recipe", but first, let's just say that it apparently tastes so great, that my 7 year old begs for more.

All you need for this recipe are a couple cans of vegetable, 4-6 cups of water, and 2 chicken bouillon cubes.

1. Drain your veggie cans of all juice and place in pot

2. Cover veggies with water, about an inch over.

3. Drop in bouillon cubes and bring to a quick boil to dissolve.

4. Serve with crackers

See why it's called hobo? It's the perfect quick and hot meal that is full of veggies. And it only takes about 5-8 minutes for prep and "cook". Use what ever canned veggies you have on hand. Corn, green beans, carrots... You can even throw in some fresh celery for an added crunch!

Now, how did I come up with this meal? We had some special treats hidden from the kids for special occasions. I happened to notice that a couple were missing. I asked Matt if he ate them, and he said no. It didn't take much to get Alice to admit to it. So, I had to counter act all that sugar! How else to do this than by vegetables! She likes them, so it's not a punishment, but it needed to be a full meal for lunch. So, I came up with the brain child above, and she liked it so much she begged for another bowl.

The mommy in me was happy to say yes. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails