1tsp Cliff House Spice Blend
6 Slices raw bacon, fat removed
6 med. potatoes, cubed
3 green onions and shallots (scallions),chopped
2 10oz cans of Baby whole clams
2 6.5oz cans of minced clams
1 cup of water
4 cups Heavy Cream
4Tbsp Corn Starch
1Tbsp olive oil for sauteing
Optional: Oyster Crackers
1. Cut the potatoes into small bite sized cubes and add to crock pot
2. Add 1 cup of water to crock pot
3. Drain all clams, saving the juice. Add juice to crock pot, set clams to the side
4. tear or chop bacon into small bites, making sure to take off the fat
5. Chop up scallions
6. Saute Bacon and scallions together until bacon is dark pink, add to crock pot
7. Set on crock pot on HIGH heat for 2 hour and 30 minutes, or until potatoes feel tender. Make sure to cover and stir occasionally
8. Whisk together Heavy Cream, corn starch, and cliff house spice blend over medium heat until well blended. Pour into crock pot.
9. Add clams to crock pot, stirring into chowder.
10. Cook for 1 final hour, and serve immediately!
5 years ago